This house was already in extant in 1763 when Spain ceded Florida to Great Britian. It was then a one story, two room shingle roofed coquina stone structure owned by Pedro Fernandez. A British owner added the loggia.
In 1784 when the Spanish returned the Minorcan settlers brought to Florida by the British stayed. Their descendants too remained in 1821, when Florida became American. Two Minorcan brothers Joseph and Peter Antonio Manucy owned the...more »