Image 1 of 1
St. Augustine's beautiful lion statues are named Firm and Faithful. The two statues are at  the north entrance to downtown St. Augustine. They are Carrara marble Medici statues that are copies of those found in the Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence, Italy. The statues were a gift of Dr. Andrew Anderson (1839–1924), the builder of the Markland House. The statues were his last gift, and he did not live long enough to see them installed. They were made by the Romanelli Studios in Florence, Italy. The lions are a symbol of the Spanish royal family.
Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
St. Augustine's beautiful lion statues are named Firm and Faithful. The two statues are at the north entrance to downtown St. Augustine. They are Carrara marble Medici statues that are copies of those found in the Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence, Italy. The statues were a gift of Dr. Andrew Anderson (1839–1924), the builder of the Markland House. The statues were his last gift, and he did not live long enough to see them installed. They were made by the Romanelli Studios in Florence,...
more »